I'm unsure of my Enneagram type - should I take a test?
You don't need to take a test. But sure, you can take a test. Keep in mind that roughly 30-40% of test results are inaccurate. The Enneagram is a deep, profound system so it is hard for a test to know you in all your complexity. A test can point you in the right direction, but ultimately only YOU can determine your type.
The Enneagram is a Personal Journey - not a Test
Commonly overheard when discussing the Enneagram: Sure I know the Enneagram, I took that test a while back! Knowing your type is not knowing the Enneagram. In actuality, this is the beginning of a lifelong Journey of self-discovery.
A test CANNOT determine your type - you will need to authenticate those results and make the final decision.
Ok, but I really want to take a test!
Fine! A test can give you some guidance. If you are working with an Enneagram professional, you may want to show them your test results. These results can augment what you are learning via books, websites, and workshops.
- The Trouble with Typing, by Tom Condon. Thorough analysis on this subject from a worldwide Enneagram leader.
- Jerry Wagner Test, costs $10.
- I am available to do a personal Enneagram Typing Consultation with you. It can include the above test Jerry Wagner test. $75 for ninety informative minutes, payable on Venmo or Paypal. Contact me and select option (e).
- Enneagram Institute is one of my all time favorite places for Enneagram wisdom.
- More Helpful Resources under the About section on this site.
- Try Enneapedia on this site! It is a fun, interactive way to acquire a lot of Enneagram knowledge, and even to compare what various authors have written.